Dagsmejan Ventures AG is a health and wellbeing start-up based in Zurich with the mission to bring step change improvements to sleep quality and thereby life quality with a range of innovative functional sleepwear and adjacent products. Our inspiration comes from the sports apparel sector where huge advances have been made in developing high technology fabrics—we leverage those ideas to reinvent the sleepwear category.
Since our launch in 2018 we have seen huge demand for our products – our customer base has been growing worldwide and today we have more than 50 partners distributing our products worldwide.
To continue to grow and to build on our dialogue with our customer we are looking for a junior product developer. The position will be based in the Zurich area.
What we offer...
- An opportunity to positively influence everybody’s life. Sleep disturbances are one of the top 5 self-identified physical problems – here you can make a difference together with Dagsmejan.
- Not stuck in a rut! At Dagsmejan every day brings new challenges and new opportunities in a vibrant and truly innovative start-up environment
- A position to make an impact. This is not another corporate role where you work within your box, together with the team you will shape the future of Dagsmejan and of how to sleep smart.
- Opportunity to create and develop products that help people to a better night sleep.
What you will be doing...
- Support the Product Innovation Manager in sourcing and product developments, from concept to production
- Specifically; managing own product development projects:
- Developing and handling own ranges and capsule collections
- Long-term pattern and fit projects
- Sample ordering, handling and inventory management
- Managing and executing the whole testing-process
- Quality assurance analyses and projects
- Handling all trim developments: from design, to testing, up to the bulk production
- Support on the material management, from lab-dips to shipping sample approvals
- Data management for new products, assisting the supply chain manager
- Support on research and development of sleep accessories, as well as SMU-collections
- Being part of the packaging materials development
- Market analyses and concept evaluation
- Packaging development in closed-loop collaboration with PD and graphic team
- Bachelor’s degree or above with emphasis on apparel design, apparel technology and/or manufacturing – focus on product engineering and apparel development
- 2+ years of progressive work experience in the apparel industry, specializing in product development, with profound knowledge and understanding of pattern making
- good technical understanding and sense on materials, workmanships and fit
- great knowledge in working in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- good knowledge in working in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Indesign
- interested to get hands-on experience in setting-up and improving our collections
- work independently and aim for high-quality work, able to work at a fast pace and plan & react quickly with the ever-changing tasks and challenges
- keeping an eye on the overall picture, as well with a great attention to details
- interest in health, wellbeing, sports and sleep
- fluent in English (oral and in writing), German is a plus
Want to join us?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your application! If you have more specific questions, you are welcome to contact us via: email@example.com